Eradicate Puppy Farms
So ... You've thought long and hard about adding a Fur-baby to your family and have seen a few online.
You may not be aware of all the risks of online buying ... and there are quite a few. What can you do to ensure you don't accidentally support a sub-standard breeder or Dodgy breeder? Here is a simple 5-step guide to help.
· Inspect the Facility where the pet was bred. Photos can be easily faked, so don't rely on them. Do not agree to meet at the local Macca's, airport, side of the road or nearest convenient service station. Often their house is Not where the pups are raised, so even meeting at their house is more smoke and mirrors. Check the facility where the pups and parents are living!
· Don't buy without a written Health Guarantee.
· Confirm what happens if any issues are raised at your vet check. Then make sure you get that vet check done within 72 hours.
· Check if they offer a Cooling-Off period. Just in case you need it.
· Report any sub-standard breeder or Dodgy breeder to the RSPCA or Animal Welfare League. The system works when correct reports are done. Posting on social media does not help the welfare of the pets. We have reported breeders that concerned us and will continue to do so.
These are simple steps. We have great regulatory bodies in place, but to get results, they need to be used correctly.
The Pet Whisperer.